Free Robots.txt Generator Online Tool
Robots.txt files are the first thing that search engines check when they crawl a website. To determine which directories and files, if any, are prohibited from crawling, they look for the file and read its list of directives. A robots.txt file generator can be used to create this file. You can tell Google and other search engines which pages on your website should be excluded by using a robots.txt generator. In other words, a sitemap specifies which pages to include, and the robots.txt file is produced by a robots.txt generator.
The Robots.txt Generator tool enables users to describe how search engines should crawl web pages in Robots.txt files. Googlebot and other crawler robots are directed to only index and follow the home page via Meta's robots.txt file.
Robots.txt File: Overview
A robots.txt file is a very basic text file. Its primary purpose is to stop some search engine crawlers, like Google, from indexing content on a website for SEO.
It's simple to check whether a robots.txt file exists on your website or the website of a customer if you're unsure:
Enter yourdomain.com/robots.txt in the address bar. Either an error page or a page with a simple format will appear. Yoast can also create the text file for you if you are using WordPress and you have it installed.
A few key terms that are used in a robots.txt file must be understood if you create one. There are five common words that you'll see in a robots.txt file. They consist of:
- Disallow asks a web crawler to avoid indexing a specific URL. For each URL, only one "Disallow" line is permitted.
- User-agent: The particular web crawler you are instructing to crawl a specific website.
- Allow: The web crawler is directed to index the specified URL using this command. This command works with Google bots as well. It instructs the Google bots to index a page or subfolder despite the possibility that its parent page or subfolder is forbidden.
- Crawl-delay: This command tells a web crawler how long to wait before loading and navigating to a page's content. Different search engine site crawlers treat crawl-delay differently. It functions for Bing like a time frame within which the bot will only make one visit to the website. It is a period of time between visits for Yandex. This command is not recognised by Google bots. However, Google Search Console allows you to customise the crawl rate.
- Sitemap: It indicates where any XML sitemap(s) connected to the URL is located. Google, Bing, and Yahoo do, however, currently support that command.
The Impact of Robots.txt on SEO
It is advised to utilise a robots.txt file because, in the absence of one, an excessive number of outside crawlers may attempt to access the content of your website, causing slower loading times and occasionally even server issues. Visitors' experiences are impacted by website loading speed, and many of them will leave if it takes too long.
Improper robots.txt instructions can lead to serious problems and potentially prohibit pages from appearing in search results.
A Sitemap And A Robots.Txt File
- You can list details about the web pages, videos, and other assets on your website in a sitemap file. It aids in the intelligent site crawling of search engine bots.
- While the robots.txt file is for crawlers and instructs them which pages to crawl and which not to, the sitemap's primary goal is to assist search engines by informing them which web pages need to be indexed. For a website to be indexed, a sitemap is essential.
Our robots.txt generator tool is designed to assist in producing the robot's standard file quickly and without any technical problems. It makes no difference if it was created using WordPress or another CMS.
The first step in creating your own robots.txt file is to decide whether to enable crawlers to access your website or not. You may quickly construct your file by inputting your instructions.
You may quickly create a new robots.txt file for your website or change an existing one with the robots.txt generating tool. Copy and paste the domain URL in the top text field, then select the upload option to upload the already-existing file into the robots.txt tool. When it's finished, download the file and then upload your generated robots.txt file to the domain's root directory.
To use our free Robots.txt Generator tool. Click on the Link